Semi- Continuous and Push-Pull Pickling lines are designed for processing strip with a thickness between 1.2 mm to 16.0 mm. These lines are normally operated by cold rolling mills and metal service centers.
Push-Pull lines allow tremendous flexibility of operation by processing one coil at a time. As there is no need for accumulators and Stitch Jointers in Push Pull lines, these are very cost-effective solutions for medium volume of production between 1,000,000 to 100,000 to TPA.
Semi- Continuous Pickling lines use Strip Joining device and Stand bye Strip threading Equipment in Entry Section of the Plant. For higher gauge this arrangement drastically increase the machine utilization compared to push pull operation.
Features & Advantages
- Thickness Range: Minimum 1.2 mm to 16 mm
- Width: 1050 mm – 1650 mm
- Speed: max 100 mpm
- Capacity: 1,000,000 to 100,000 to TPA
- Less Capital Investment and Running cost.
- Low acid and water consumption per ton.
- Efficient fume exhaust and scrubbing system to ensure less than 8 mg/m3 of free HCl
- Negligible residual chlorides which helps to increase coolant life in subsequent Rolling operation
MMC also undertakes replacement, refurbishing and redesigning the old equipment of Pickling plants to suit the updated application accommodated at the existing site conditions.